CiCi House of Clay - Cynthia

I live and work in Arlington Texas. A love affair with mud began at an early age with the backyard black clay soil and water hose. A requirement of an art course in college brought me close to clay but I did not find it again until many years later. I have worked with clay for the last 18 years, both throwing on the wheel and hand building.

I love the functional nature of high fired clay objects, the connection with the earth and touch of a human hand with every use evident in each piece.

A workshop with Steven Hill led me to experiment with landscape design glaze on a number of my current pieces. Trips to the American Southwest have only added to this inspiration.

The need to create has been a part of me from the start and must express itself in some way, shape or form. Clay is perfect conduit.

For more examples of my work and where you can purchase it, please visit my artisan space.