Suzy Ware Studio

Throughout most of my working life I was always involved in something creative. I have a degree in interior design, but life took me in a different direction. My husband and I owned an arts & crafts store, Craft King, and ‘tis the Season Christmas stores in Arlington where I used my creative talents doing every craft and making floral arrangements and decorating trees for the Christmas stores. I also worked for an importer as lead designer of Christmas merchandise and supervised and decorated showrooms. My life in design continued as I joined my husband in his manufacturing business creating products for manufacture and import. After several years, we received an offer we couldn’t refuse and sold that business.

When I retired, I really missed creating things, so I started taking watercolor classes and I was hooked. I’ve taken classes for several years and attended several painting workshops. My creative urge has done nothing but grow so I’m now combining my old craft skills with newfound watercolor skills and am sharing what I make in an effort to support my habit.

My husband and I recently retired and are living in Arlington, Texas. Enjoying my free time and creative endeavors, I also love reading and gardening, and especially spending time with family and beautiful young granddaughters.